Lewes Eco Open Houses
Lewes Eco Open houses is an event promoting low carbon lifestyles and reducing household energy demand by opening to the public 10-20 local ‘Eco Houses’ over one or two weekends. These are real households achieving super low energy use that are committed to sustainable living.
At the moment this site displays the information for the last event in 2014, as there was no event in 2015. The next is scheduled for the weekends of 15/16 and 22/23 October 2016, when we will be opening 13 houses, 7 of which are new to the event and are opening for the first time. This includes some exciting new builds, including a PassivHaus, and some extensive and elegant refurbishments of existing houses.
Details are being finalised and it is expected that the new houses and timetables for visiting will be uploaded before the end of August, so hopefully not long to wait!
In the meantime the site will remain showing house details of the last event in 2014.
This year's event has been made possible by generous funding via the Big Lottery.
Reasons to visit
- How to cut bills and CO2 emissions by up to 90%
- Making your house more energy efficient and comfortable
- Local Professionals/Architects/Installers
- Green technology–heat pumps/ biomass boilers/ solar panels/ super insulation
- Sustainable lifestyles – vegetable growing, rainwater harvesting, natural materials
- What works best/cheapest/what failed!
- Ingenious ideas to use at home
- Grants and Low cost/ No cost measures
- Case studies for each house, giving technical details and contacts for professionals
The 2016 event will be organised by Go Local Community Interest Company in collaboration with Transition Town Lewes.